Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Stability of Your Life

Scripture Reading: Isaiah 33:1-12

Key Verse: He will be your safety. He is full of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge. Respect for the LORD is the greatest treasure.

At this point in my life I am facing many changes in many respects, and if I didn't know the Lord and if I didn't know that He establishes and directs my steps, I could be shaken by some of what I see happening around me. As I was thanking Him just a few days ago for the fact that I know He is the same yesterday, today, and forever and that although circumstances and relationships may change, He never changes nor forsakes me. He brought a verse to my mind that I have known over the years. Through this verse He also brought comfort to me for these changing times I am in. The verse is Isaiah 33:6: "He will be your safety." Isn't it a comfort to know truths that confirm His faithfulness to us, and then in addition to realize that He is our stability! The word stability means the strength to stand or endure; firmness; the property of a body that causes it, when disturbed from a condition of equilibrium, to develop forces that restore the original condition. What a promise! When we may feel shaken, He is firm and stands and endures for us! He is that which will always restore us to a condition of equilibrium, no matter what! If you are not now in a situation in which changing circumstances are a factor, then you may not fully appreciate what this promise has meant to me these last few days, but you know a time will come when changes will be a factor, and, as I said earlier, then you will want to embrace this truth. It will hold you with hope and confidence in a state of changes! Even though our stability is shaken in the present, He promises that He will always be the same- never wavering. Changes become a factor in all of our lives. If not today, then surely tomorrow or the next day. Isn't it wonderful to know that when changes come we can go to God's Word to find the strength to see us through another situation! Let's not wait for the storm to seek verses that comfort and direct, but let's be prepared when these days appear on the horizon (and they surely will) and have these fantastic truths in our memory bank.

Reading On: Psalm 37:23; Proverbs 16:9; Hebrews 13:8; Psalm 42:11

No comments:

Post a Comment