Tuesday, October 24, 2017

God's Help in Tough Times 10-24-17

Please forgive me when I complain, Lord. I don't mean to ignore the things that are good in my life--and there are many. But pain and struggle and weariness shout so loudly that sometimes they're all I hear. When I need to cry, let me cry on your shoulder where I know I'll be heard and understood, consoled and encouraged. Other people might minimize what I'm going through or rant about things I can't control. Neither is helpful in moving me toward a better place. But when I pour out my discouragement to you, I know that you'll listen and then gently turn my heart back toward what brings strength and grace to carry on. You even make me able to give thanks and rejoice in you. Thank you for lifting me up.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment