Wednesday, December 27, 2017

STRENGTH FOR EVERY MOMENT (T.D. JAKES)

BELIEVE IN HIS NAME

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name (John 1:12).

I pray that we as Christians never lose our conviction that God does change lives. We must protect this message. Our God enables us to make the radical changes necessary for fulfilling our purposes and responsibilities. Like the caterpillar that eats and sleeps its way into change, the process occurs gradually but nonetheless powerfully. Many people who will rock this world are sleeping in the cocoon of obscurity, waiting for their change to come. The Scriptures declare, "...it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed" (Rom. 13:11 KJV).
     A memory of my own sons playing on the floor when they were children tailors the continuity of this text for me. They were playing with a truck, contributing all the sounds of grinding gears and roaring engines. I didn't pay much attention as I began unwinding from the day's stresses and challenges. Distractedly, I glanced down at the floor and noticed that the boys were now running an airplane down an imaginary runway. I asked, "What happened to the truck you were playing with?"
     They explained, "Daddy, this is a transformer!"
     I then inquired, "What is a transformer?"
     Their answer brought me into the Presence of the Lord. They said, "It can be transformed from what it was before into whatever we want it to be!"
     Are you being transformed through believing in His name?

No comments:

Post a Comment