Tuesday, November 28, 2017

2 CORINTHIANS 4:7-9

God’s Help in Tough Times
A Woman’s Prayers from the Heart

Losing a child . . . it’s such a deep grief in a woman’s life Father. It’s one of the most difficult things to accept, and it makes it hard to trust that you are still there, that you still care. Sometimes there is shame involved, often anger, and always an ache that just doesn’t go away. How can you understand my pain----this grief so specific to a woman? How can you know what I’m going through? I want your comfort, but since you are the author and sustainer of life, it’s hard not to feel like you’re opposing me! . . . Ah, how gently you remind me. You too were bereaved of a beloved child. That is how you know. And because of what you sacrificed for me, I have assurance that I will see my child again. Please, Father, see me through this grief.
But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it may be made clear that this extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.
2 CORINTHIANS 4:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment