Friday, August 3, 2018

Truly Special

     We all want to believe that we are special. Most of us grow up being told that we are, and it feels good to believe it. But over time, we look around and realize that, really, we are just like everyone else. Doubt begins to creep in, making us second guess ourselves and damaging our self-confidence.
     Long before you were even a wisp in your mother's womb, you were set aside and marked as special. You were chosen to be God's special possession, and that's a pretty amazing thing.
     You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light (1 Peter 2:9, NIV).
     Thank you, God, that you see me as special. I revel in that knowledge today. You call me out of the darkness of the ordinary and bring me into the light of the extraordinary. You have hand-picked me and you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment