Friday, February 26, 2016

RENEW YOUR STRENGTH

He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:29-31).
When your pity party is over and you are ready for His help, God will say, “Don’t you know? Have you not heard Who I am - the everlasting God? I am the Creator of the universe. I am not a child; I am not a school boy - I am God. Who do you think you’re fooling? I’m God. I hold your breathe in My hands. I created your body. I heat your blood just hot enough to keep you alive but not so hot that you die. Who else do you allow to control your life? If it is not Me, then who? I love you. I created you in My image. I am that I am.”
What more does the Lord have to do or say to show you He loves you? Don’t let satan continue to fool you into thinking that God has forsaken you.
Stop doing things that you know you don’t have any business doing. Repent and confess your sins instead of spending time pointing out the sins of everyone else. Admit that you have fallen so that your healing may begin.
CONSIDERATIONS:
1. Have you hosted your own pity party lately? Did you invite others? How do you feel after the party is over? Refreshed or defeated?
2. Do you believe that God is the great “I am”? What does that title or term mean to you? Define the great “I am” in two or three sentences.
3. Think of 10 ways that the Lord helps you throughout each day. Write them down and thank Him for each one.
4. Has satan fooled you into thinking that God has forsaken you? What can you do to keep satan from fooling you?
5. Most people tend to judge others but don’t realize the things wrong in their own lives. The next time you start to say something about another, stop first and think about issues in your own life that need to be addressed.
T.D. JAKES

No comments:

Post a Comment