Saturday, July 15, 2017

I CAN DO ALL THINGS [ T.D. JAKES ]

I can do all things through Christ who
strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).
Deception is a trap and stronghold that ensnares many, especially those not content with their own present state in life. The Bible instructs us that we must learn to be content in whatever state we find ourselves. The apostle Paul learned that lesson well: ". . . for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" (Phil. 4:11 KJV).

This is not to imply that we should be satisfied with being bound by the devil or be content with complacency and mediocrity, thus not fulfilling the call of God on our lives. Not at all. We are to work to improve ourselves while at the same time remaining totally dependent on God.

Self-sufficiency means to be "sufficient in oneself" and not putting your faith in God's assistance. Contentment, on the other hand, is to know with certainty and absolute firm conviction that God is able to meet your every need; Jehovah is your all-sufficiency. Contentment means that you are aware that you don't covet another person's position, property, possessions, or personality. Why? Because you know and are assured that all you presently have and all that you are today is more than enough in the hands of God. Whatever you need to do to fulfill God's purpose you can do, not in your own strength, but through the strength and power of Christ that dwells within your innermost being.

The apostle Paul said:

I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to be abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:12-13).

No comments:

Post a Comment