Friday, August 18, 2017

Finding an Everyday Faith

Have faith in God. Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, "Be taken up and thrown into the sea," and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you. So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
- MARK 11:22-24
Dear Lord, give me a faith that lasts longer than my fear. It's easy to feel strong and good when all is well, but when everything me seems to be a huge mess, it's hard to keep hope alive. With your loving presence, I know I will be able to weather each daily storm, believing that I have the inner and outer resources to do so. I know, dear Lord, that you never give us more than we can handle, but perhaps just for today can you pass a little more faith my way.

We may wake up to stormy skies, but faith is what we hold onto until the sun breaks through the clouds again.

No comments:

Post a Comment