Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Blessings and the Lessons

Sometimes the greatest progress comes from the smallest of steps, as long as those steps are consistently taken in faith.

I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.
-EZEKIEL 34:26 NIV

Today I pray not just for blessings, but for the ability to see them when they come disguised as obstacles and unanswered prayers. God, I know you don't always give me what I ask for, despite what I believe I need. It always turns out that had I gotten what I asked for, I would have ended up unhappy in ways I couldn't envision at the time. Your will is higher than mine, God, and your vision for me is clearer. I pray for that same discernment when asking for blessings and praying for miracles. I pray that what you give me, God, is always best for me whether I like it or not at the time. Amen.

***********************************************************************************
Learning a lesson may often hurt in the short run, but in the long run, we are better for what we have learned and experienced.  

No comments:

Post a Comment