Friday, August 4, 2017

The Blessings and the Lessons

I remember going to school as a child and loving certain classes. The subject matter thrilled me, and the lessons were easy because I was excited to learn. Then there were classes I enjoyed less, struggled with, and eventually passed, which were harder to get through because my heart wasn't in them. And yet, I see that those difficult classes taught me so many important things that I didn't learn from the classes I enjoyed. I see now that the challenging classes helped shape me just as much and in ways I had no idea were possible at the time. Life is a series of fun classes and tough lessons, and those who strive to get good grades in both are truly blessed.

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
-JAMES 1:12 NIV 

No comments:

Post a Comment