Monday, August 21, 2017

Finding an Everyday Faith

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
- MATTHEW 17:20 NIV
God, grant me the faith to be my best today. Though the children are calling and the work is pressing upon me, and the coffee is not made and the phone is ringing, and the pets are asking to be fed and the house is a mess . . . give me the faith today to stand up to it all with grace and even a bit of humor. Without my daily dose of faith, life can get a little overwhelming, and on some days, a lot overwhelming. Just a little bit of faith with my coffee is enough to start off the day with the resourcefulness, strength, and wisdom I need to make it through in one piece until bedtime. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment