Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Finding an Everyday Faith

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. I cry out to God Most High, to God, who vindicates me. He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me--God sends forth his love and his faithfulness.
--PSALM 57:1-3 NIV


Father in heaven, I ask that you instill in me a strong and abiding faith to help me through my day. No matter what challenges I face, no matter what drama people throw my way or what obstacles I have to get around, give me a steadfast certainty that I will prevail. Give me a faith that will move mountains, though more likely I will only need to move molehills. Give me a faith for this day that stretches out before me, filled with promise and possibility. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment