Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Blessings and the Lessons

An unanswered prayer may at first seem like punishment, or as if God is withholding love from us, when in fact we are being loved and protected. God's "No" is often the doorway that opens to a wonderful "Yes."

We turn to God for help when our foundations are shaking, only to learn that it is God who is shaking them. 
-CHARLES C. WEST

I love it when a friend is excited about something that just happened. "Chances are," she'll proclaim, "it's the best thing that will ever happen to me." And in that moment it truly is. But I love it even more when a friend recognizes the blessings in "the worst thing that has ever happened to me," and comes out of a long, dark journey through a challenging life experience with newfound resilience, strength, and faith. I love it when it happens to me also, because so often I've failed to be grateful for the dark part of the journey, in favor of the light. In the end, when we look back at the bigger picture, it appears that everything we go through is "the best thing that ever happened."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment