Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Finding an Everyday Faith

With faith as your constant companion, the road of life is much easier to travel, even when detours and dead ends appear along the way. Faith goes before us, making clear and right our way.

Why is it hard, dear God, to have faith and trust that all will be well? I have faith that the sun will set each night and trust it will rise in the morning. I have faith that gravity will hold me to the earth and trust what goes up will come down. I have faith that my bills will arrive on time, that the mail will come each day, and that the lights will go on when I flip the switch. Yet when it comes to having faith that I will never be let down or abandoned, God, and having trust in you to always watch over me, I often falter. Help me have the same strong faith in the unseen things as I have in the things I can see, and help me trust that your will, God, is always higher than mine. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment