Monday, September 25, 2017

Why?

Our minds search for reasons, Father. They grasp and grope and grapple to discover why. Yet tragedy doesn't send a card with its condolences or a letter of explanation as to why we are the ones it has visited. It just comes and overshadows our lives, takes things from us, turns our reality upside down. Sometimes it strikes quickly, leaving us numbed and trembling, while other times it seems to hang on like a bulldog, inflicting pain upon pain. I just don't understand this. I know in time some answers may emerge. But right now I need you to shelter me from the anger, frustration, fear, and doubt that rise up within me. I know you are not afraid of my struggle. You understand and you care. But I am afraid of losing my faith in your goodness and love for me. Hold me close, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment