Friday, September 14, 2018

Most Beautiful of All

Here's the one thing I crave from God, the one thing I seek above all else: I want the privilege of living with him every moment in his house, finding the sweet loveliness of his face, filled with awe, delighting in his glory and grace. I want to live my life so close to him that he takes pleasure in my every prayer (Psalm 27:4, TPT).

     If there is one thing that we can appreciate, it's something pretty. Shiny things easily catch our attention, and we seek to surround ourselves with beauty. There is much beauty to be found in our natural world.
     There is nothing wrong with finding loveliness in our world, but if there is one thing that is more beautiful than anything else, it is the Lord God himself. His love, his mercy, his grace, and his understanding--it is nothing short of breathtaking.
     Lord, I don't want to miss your beauty today. I seek after it because I know it can be found. You created me to enjoy all that is exquisite, beautiful, and captivating--and that is you!Nothing is better than you and your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment