Sunday, September 9, 2018

Rest for the Weary

"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls"  (Matthew 11:28-29, NLT).

     Can you remember the last time you were alone? I mean really alone. Free from any demands and distractions in a quiet cozy corner of your own to breathe deeply? It is difficult to function well when our hearts and minds are full of noise and chaos. The only way we can possibly operate is to give space for quiet and peace to make a home deep within us. 
     Stealing away for some peaceful moments is vital to being a good mom. We get so busy taking care of others that we often forget to take care of ourselves.
     Do you feel fatigued? Making time with the Lord so he can recharge you is a wonderful gift you can give to your children. Schedule it into your day guilt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment