Sunday, June 18, 2017

FINDING PEACE IN THE STORM

When peace like a river attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea-billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, "It is well, it is well with my soul."
   --HORATIO GATES SPAFFORD,
   "IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL"

Dear Lord, some people are like stormy weather that can cloud up fair skies in a hurry. Just the sight of them entering a room can make me wish I could crawl into a cave until the storm of their words and ways passes by. I don't like feeling this way about anyone. I don't want to hide. I want to be like a warm sunshine set in a bright blue sky that either wins them over or chases them away. I pray that your spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control would be just that in my life, and that your peace would prevail in each "human storm" that comes my way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment