Monday, June 12, 2017

RECEIVING GOD'S DAILY GUIDANCE

We learn about guidance primarily by learning about the Guide. It is the knowledge of God and His ways with men which ultimately gives us stability in doing His will.
--SINCLAIR B. FERGUSON, "DISCOVERING GOD'S WILL"

Thank you for the wise people in my life, Lord Jesus, who offer insight as I consider what I should do right now. But now I want to bring all of the thoughts and opinions they offered to you. I need your help in sifting through what is worth keeping and what I should leave behind. I know your Word is a perfect filter and that your Spirit will lead me into all truth, as you promised he would. It may take some time,but I am certain you will guide me to a good decision.

A person once told me, "When I give you advice, treat it like eating fish: Digest what is helpful, and then throw away the bones."

No comments:

Post a Comment