Sunday, June 11, 2017

RECEIVING GOD'S DAILY GUIDANCE

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
- Matthew 7:7-8 NIV

Father, help me remember how willing you are to give me the direction and wisdom I need to get through each day. Help me learn to seek you in prayer as a first resort for the questions I have or challenges I face, rather than running to you only when I'm worried or at my wit's end. You and I both know how I go a little too far in my tendency to try doing things on my own. If nothing else, maybe the motivation of slowing down any gray hairs will help me change my ways! How well you know me, Father, and how kindly you look after me. Thank you for guiding me.
 
As I spend time with you, Lord, in prayer and in your Word, I learn more about you and what you are like. It changes me, moves my perspective closer to the truth, and it transforms the way I understand how you work in my life. Please continue to disclose yourself to me as I learn to follow your direction and trust your guidance. It's a process I look forward to continuing all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment