Sunday, June 25, 2017

FINDING PEACE IN THE STORM

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. 
                             - ISAIAH 26:3 NIV
I admit that the slightest distraction can pull my mind out of its orbit around you, Father. You know how I am: I can be praying or praising you one minute, and the next moment a phone call with some disturbing news or maybe a careless driver cuts me off on the road and POOF! - my peace has left the building, and I'm all out of sorts. I want to ask you, though, to help me. I want to grow into a more steadfast frame of mind--one that can take the bad news and thoughtless people of life in stride, acknowledging them for what they are, but not allowing them to rock my world. Would you help me take a step in that direction today? Thank you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment