Thursday, June 8, 2017

THIS IS THE WAY; WALK IN IT

Heavenly Father, when I face big decisions, I am often afraid to move forward. When I feel paralyzed by indecision, remind me that no matter which job I take or which town I move to or which house I live in, you are with me. Thank you that your will for my life doesn’t ultimately lie in particulars but rather in the forming of my character to become more like you. That’s the direction I need in which I always need to be moving. Thank you for leading me in your path of righteousness. 
 
We may wonder, “What is God’s will for my life?” as if it were a series of “right” places to be and “right” work to be doing. But God’s big-picture will is that we learn to love him and be loved by him. From within that loving relationship, then, he often allows us freedom to decide where we will live and work as we grow in our relationship with him.
 
And when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left, your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” (Isaiah 30:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment