Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Being with Jesus

     Christians want to be like Jesus. We ask him daily for his grace, mercy, humility, and love. But the surest way to be like someone is to spend time in their presence.
     Have you been with Jesus enough that people take notice? When someone is with you, do they see the attitudes and evidence of Christ in you? By spending time soaking in the presence of the Lord, reading his Word, and learning his ways, people will soon realize that you've been with him. You will be marked as one who has been in his presence and your life will show his glory to those around you. 
     The leaders saw that Peter and John were not afraid to speak, and they understood that these men had no special training or education. So they were amazed. Then they realized that Peter and John had been with Jesus (Acts 4:13, NCV).
     God, help me to long for your presence so much that I cannot go without you. Help me to need your Word the same way I need food. Give me a consistent longing to be with you so that when people see me, they will see the clear mark of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment