Sunday, April 22, 2018

Light to the Eyes

   God can help us see life through his eyes. He can bring us beyond our feelings to see the truth about the situation we are facing. We serve a loving Father who longs to see us rejoicing and recognizing the faithfulness of his love for us.
     There is no situation too difficult for him, no trial he can't overcome, no amount of unloving action on our part that can ever sway him from desiring a relationship with us.
     How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death, and my enemy will say, "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall. But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord's praise, for he has been good to me (Psalm 13:2-6, NIV).
    What situation do you need discernment about today? Ask God to give light to your eyes. If nothing else today, let him impress upon your heart a measure of his unfailing love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment