Saturday, April 7, 2018

Courage for Christ

     What are your hopes for your life? Perhaps you want a meaningful career, to go on worldwide adventures, to become a wife, or to simply raise wise and wonderful children. Of course we all hope to live a life that honors God, but are we courageous about our faith as much as Paul expresses in this verse?
     Paul knew that the Christ that he preached was offensive to many people; the gospel was very hard for others to accept. However, Paul was confident that eventually all would know the truth of Christ, and in this, he knew that he would not be ashamed. Would you allow this to be your hope as well? Honor God with your whole life by being courageous enough to share Christ with the world.
     
It is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death (Philippians 1:20, ESV).

     Jesus, I want to serve and honor you with my whole life. Teach me to understand the gospel and then give me the courage to share you with others around me. Let me hope and expect, as Paul did, that I will not be at all ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment